Thinglink in Education: Spanish in a picture

For my Thinglink project I decided to use a picture of the backyard of my brothers apartment. This could be a great ice breaker because the students can take a picture of their neighborhood or favorite place in town to describe. By having the picture in hand then the students can click on the different spots that they want described without taking too much away from the picture. There are many opportunities to have fun with Thinglink. For example, if you notice on the spot where the tennis court is I linked a youtube video of a humorous man making fun of tennis. The project does not have to be serious but does have to be classroom appropriate. By using this app the dots can also point out things that even the picture does not show. For example, I placed the dot near the building that nobody could tell was a WalMart building. Overall this was a great app for a future Spanish teacher because it allows the student to use words in spanish by identifying their surroundings in Spanish. By doing this they can make meaningful connections with spanish so they are not just memorizing vocal out of a textbook but instead using words they could actually use in real life.